View Single Post
I sincerely wish there were a way to ignore a thread in the forums, but there isn't and so I keep reading the new posts to this d%#med thing. I guess that's my problem.

My experience is that Omni does an incredible job of adding the features that I'd like to see added to their apps. That may be because I'm a software geek at heart and so am a kindred spirit to Ken and Tim and Rowan and Brian and Derek and the rest of the OG crew. I also recognize that there is a vocal minority that wants certain features and is disappointed when they aren't added. (Clones in OmniOutliner, anyone?) I feel their pain, but don't see a bit of evidence that Omni is ignoring its customers. In fact, I've never encountered a software company that is more customer-focused than Omni.

While the community around Omni products is a wonderful thing, I think there is something even more important in setting Omni apart. When you buy an Omni product, you're buying the best customer support in the business. I suppose even the best make an occasional mistake, but I've never dealt with a support organization that had as high a batting average as Omni's.

Finally, while there has been plenty of complaining on this thread, sales, app store reviews, and nearly every seriously review that I've seen say that Omni absolutely nailed the value proposition with OF iPad. It's too bad that it isn't the perfect app for everyone, but don't take the small number of people complaining here as evidence of a groundswell against Omni. Hell, even in this thread—a thread dedicated to price complaints—I suspect that if you count the number of unique posters pro and con, you'll find that the naysayers are a minority.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my directness. I'm not one who has to have the last word, so I'll try to avoid that reply button on this thread.

Curt