View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
tml00, our suggestion would be to run the iPhone app on the iPad.
In that case, wouldn't it be a great idea to make the iPhone App universal, insomuch that it could take advantage of the iPad screen estate without pixel-doubling?

I think Omni may have seriously missed a trick in not porting all its desktop programs over to the iPhone first (ok, maybe not OmniDazzle!) and offering this kind of universal solution, then concentrating on developing specific iPad versions.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the lack of iPhone versions is one of the reasons that myself and others have not only abandoned OG and OGS on the iPad but also the desktop programs. The fact the OO is only a strong possibility on the iPhone has led some of us to already abandon OO for Mac and seek other solutions, which means we won't be buying OO for the iPad either.

It's not that I would have any intention of doing anything complicated with OG, OGS or OO on my iPhone, but I do want to be able to carry my work around with me 24/7, perhaps making minor alterations but more importantly being able to distribute content on the go.

In my perfect world, I wish Omni had followed the OF route [ Mac > iPhone > iPad ] with its other programs, made the iPhone versions universal, incorporated the same cloud sync into them as OF and also added the ability to interchange data between them. After that, create a specific iPad App.

Unfortunately, it feels like I've ended up with half finished scenarios with completion pushed back every time Apple yells "hop!".

The Mac App Store anyone?

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-10-25 at 05:22 AM..