View Single Post
Trying to visualize all projects and their due dates is hard when you are trying to schedule a new project between other active projects.

When I think of time and scheduling I visually imagine the traditional monthly view calendar in my head. It would be great if Omnifocus had a calendar view built-in that would display tasks on days of the month corresponding to the dates applied to the task.

If a task had a start date and end date, maybe the two dates would be presented like a multiple day event in iCal.

Selecting one task would display some sort of visual queue of other tasks in the same project. Projects could be listed on the left like they are now. Selecting certain projects in the list would alter what displays in the calendar view.

Also, I'm not sure if this fits here or not but being able to create project templates with dates set based on the relative start date of the project would be awesome. For example, if you have a project template with 3 tasks and each task started two days after the previous task, setting the start date to the 10th of the month would mean that the first task started on the 10th, the next on the 12th and the third/final on the 14th.

Being able to create templates like this to quickly throw a project in a calendar view with a list of due dates would be beneficial to managing project quickly and efficiently to see how it's tasks fall within your already scheduled projects. You could then click and drag to move projects to different days. Moving a task to a different day from the default set in this template project could display an options dialog window to let you decide if moving this task would affect previous or future tasks by the same number of days.

I love how Omnifocus provides a list view of everything, but sometimes having a more touch/click approach to move items around when due dates are extremely important would be beneficial.