View Single Post
I've got an Email context in which I would file any task having to do with email that could be done on any machine from which I can access my email. If I had a task that involved email but had to be done on a specific machine (because I needed to attach some document found only there, for example), I would put it in my context for tasks that need to be done on that specific machine. Yes, this means I have some theoretical overlap between contexts, but in practice, it isn't an issue. If I'm sitting at a machine and I've done all the things that need to get done right now (determined by looking at my perspectives showing tasks due today or starting today, or flagged, for example), then I'll have a look at tasks which can only be done on that machine. Either way, I'm going to see that task to email the document to Fred because it has a date on it (seen in the due/start perspectives) or I've marked it for attention during my reviews (seen in the flagged perspective), or it is something I can do where I am (seen in the machine-specific context). If none of those nets catch it, it isn't anything special, and it may not get done right away.