View Single Post
I have six or seven OF projects I use daily (or otherwise regularly). So I have them set up with repeat every day, etc.

I have the times set up appropriately - "morning" starts around 04:00, afternoon work review around 13:00, family evening stuff around 17:00

So great, now I just need an OF Perspective to show them when I get to that time.

The problem I and maybe others have had is that if you focus a Perspective on a project, the Perspective is worthless when you complete the project. Since you should expect to complete a daily project - er, daily - you can't create a durable Perspective to watch it.

But I found that if you create a distinguished folder for only those repeating projects, you can create a perspective which focuses on the FOLDER. Then when you complete the 'daily startup' project, it reschedules itself in the same folder. And since I have start dates, it disappears until the next round the next day.

I have found this very helpful for managing the little stuff that HAS to be kept in mind but is really junk noise for real work.