View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
What if you had a flat list of contexts, could select more than one context and any task assigned ANY of the contexts gets listed? Example: Select contexts "Home" and "Hobbies" and see all tasks assigned to either context. Would this eliminate the need to assign multiple contexts to the same task?

I'm not saying this is how it will be. Nothing is set in stone yet. We're just trying to figure out what will meet people's needs.
This is a good idea, and if you want to see an example of this check out Life Balance.

While this can be nice, I find the problem with GTD is not showing more, it's showing less. It's filtering so a person doesn't have to scan their tasks.

There are certain nice reasons why you would want to have inclusion. If you want to get really fancy, how about creating a "link" button on the top of the task list for each context. If you click on the link, then two contexts are linked and in programming terms, an Or operator is used instead of And.

This would be really cool. And doesn't have to clutter up the task list, just a little link button on top that would show the user is filtering based on,

(@work or @errands) and @calls

Although, If I had to choose between inclusion and exclusion, I'd choose exclusion. I would get so much more out of the tool by being able to narrow down and focus, than see both @work & @errands.

Once you have 200 projects you are tracking, it becomes critical that you can narrow down to see only what you need to see at the time and do it, instead of narrowing down to 50 tasks, and then scanning them to think, hmm... can I do this now, nope, because frank isn't here, what's the next one.

Time is another context that no GTD application has filtered by yet. But there are times when I have 15 min free and it would be cool to see the tasks on the computer that i can complete in 15 min.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2007-02-13 at 06:42 AM..