View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
What if you had a flat list of contexts, could select more than one context and any task assigned ANY of the contexts gets listed? .
If I had to choose between ANY and ALL (or and and operations) I would choose the ALL. It seems more useful to drill down and exclude items from view than to expand. I would use that more when I'm trying to be productive, and it would help me focus.

This applies only if a choice has to be made between the operations. It would be nice to have both options. The best (in terms of accurate filtering) would be to have an advanced feature to use multiple logic operations in combination ((A or B) and C). But I think it would be tough not to clutter the UI, and I see the risk of it being more of a fiddling distraction than useful aid for most people.

Perhaps a middle ground would work: you can choose multiple contexts, and at the top of the list is a toggle for ANY/ALL. I imagine that would scratch the itch for the majority of users and not be excessively fiddle-risky.