Thread: Meta Pivots
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
Those seem like nice things, but they shouldn't get in the way.

A good GTD system allows for easy implementation and addition. If I had to enter (or avoid) a lot of meta data when adding "Call mom re babysitting" it would hinder my ability to GTD.

BZ
A good GTD system does allow for easy implementation & addition, so those fields shouldn't be required. But one of the filters in a good GTD system is how much time is available to me. There are two contexts, what tools do I have near me and how much time.

With a paper based system, you cannot filter by how much time you have and only see those tasks for the amount of time you have. You have to manually filter in your head as you are scanning tasks.

And yet the entire point of a GTD system is you shouldn't have to think. You should just see a list of tasks and crank on them.

It's odd at how no elecronic system has been developed yet to filter by the amount of time you have available.

Wouldn't it be increadible if you had the option of saying, I have 15 min before I have to be somewhere, what tasks can I accomplish in that 15 min.