View Single Post
Something I will add which has been voiced on another thread is to be careful not to micro manage stuff to the point where you're spending more time on breaking things down than actually doing them!!

To address that here's something I've found to be very true too. Once you have managed to do the small steps on a boring project you may find you've started to do the rest of the project without even thinking about it. In effect, breaking down the very first few steps of the project is all that's required to get into the right frame of mind to tackle it without feeling bored.

So I suggest this, to prevent even more boredom - If you are finding projects difficult to start, try breaking the start of the project into about five morsels, and leave it at that.

It's the starting of these projects which is so difficult. Once you've started half the battle is won. By breaking just the front down into smaller pieces you may find you'll start and before you know it the project won't feel so overwhelming and you'll be getting on with it just like any other project. It will become 'unimportant' (as in not feel like a huge mountain you keep ignoring) and can just slot into your other projects that need doing.

Hope that helps. The last thing you want to do is break down a dull project into so many bits you're even more bored of it :P