View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Sure, any given item can only be in one calendar, but there's nothing stopping OmniFocus from creating identical iCal items in separate calendars, is there?
Well, other than the question; "if the user's edited one copy of the item in iCal, marked another complete, and deleted a third, which version does Omnifocus sync with?", no, nothing to stop it! Even if he only touched one copy, you'd still have the issue! Each "copy" in iCal would be completely separate and unrelated because iCal doesn't relate them, so I think it'd be impossible for OF to keep track.

I can just imagine a help file entry saying "if you make changes to one copy of the synced iCal todo, you must make EXACTLY the same changes to ALL copies, every time you do anything"!

I guess maybe it'd be possible to sync only the most recently changed version back to OF, and then sync that back out to the other copies, but then you'd lose any earlier changes you made to other copies, unless the whole process went from todo 1 to OF to todo 2 at lightening speed, before you had any chance to edit todo 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
This iCal business ought to be especially fun to implement and document if multiple context support enters the scene!
Quite!

I guess you'd have to do what all other apps that support multiple categories of one type or another (Daylite, Missing sync for WM etc etc) do, and choose just one of the categories to sync.

Or, pester Apple to support multiple calendars per item, which I don't think will happen.

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-09-25 at 01:07 PM..