View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmb511 View Post
I also think it is pretty clear that Omni *has* to find a way to better integrate with email on the iDevices. Unfortunately this is difficult to do since we all use the default Mail app ...
As you note, this is not just an OG problem. For example, the method needed simply to attach a photo to an email message you are composing on an iPhone is so totally unintuitive as to be insulting (at least on iOS 5.x -- may be different on iOS 6).

Quote:
In my opinion OF needs to become more like Outlook.
Just not look like it though please ...

Quote:
Specifically:

-Alerts before tasks are due (with ability to disable or snooze alert)
-Ability to mark an email for follow-up and get a reminder on any device or selected devices (say Mac or iPad but not iPhone)
-OF needs to remind me it is there once in a while. Remind me to review it. Change the taskbar icon to show # of overdue or pending tasks. Something.
I think #3 could be handled by proper set up with #1, and I agree on both cases. I think #2 goes back to the "we all use the Mail app" statement and its commensurate baggage.

The iX devices are still evolving platforms, and Apple might be viewed as a monarchy to dictator for how they control what can/must/shall be done on them by outside developers. The coming revolutions will certainly be interesting.

--
JJW