View Single Post
I keep my someday/maybe projects "on hold" and individual items in a single-action list that's "on hold". That way the context fields is free for more meaningful information. For example, I know that my action "Buy new camera" is going to be in my shopping context, even though I have no immediate plans to act on the task. So I assign the "shopping" context and file the item in my "on hold" someday/maybe single-action list.

I also have a "waiting" context that's "on hold". One of the things I use it for is to stall projects at a particular point. For example, I have a project to "Re-pave driveway" with several actions. I can do several of them now (like look into permits, find a contractor, etc.). But when it comes to getting the actual paving done, I want to wait until I have the money. So I set up an action called "Wait for funding" with my "waiting" context. When the project reaches that action, it goes into a stalled state and stays there's until I'm ready. Regular reviews keep it from slipping though the cracks (you can even filter on stalled projects with the view bar).