View Single Post
I've been using OmniPlan almost daily since the beta was released. Go figure. Just when I started relying on it (I know, I know...not safe).

So I tried to open a project plan I had on my hard drive, and it opens, but then freezes, and the beach ball spins, as though it's loading up the file. No luck. Force quit. I thought maybe I had over-loaded the CPU. I was also running XP on Parallels at the time, with 6-7 apps open on OS X.

But then tonight, I tried to open OmniPlan by itself, with nothing else open. It froze. This time I tried just opening the program alone, not a document. I restarted, just to be sure. Same thing. Couldn't email for support on the Help Menu, because the beach ball is spinning. So I looked this up via Safari.

I read the posts below, and I also have changed network settings a lot. I have a work wireless network I use, and a home wireless network, as well as ethernet networks at client sites that I use. But I don't see what these have to do with OmniPlan. The closest it gets to network activity is emailing MPP plans back and forth.

Wait a minute. I changed something in my Parallels settings to share the network connection between XP and OS X. I don't know what that would do, but that's the same time of day OmniPlan quit working. I will check on this and report.