View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire00 View Post
....but in order to get notification on iPhone, you have to:

1. enter task in Omnifocus-Mac and sync with WebDav
2. open Omnifocus-iPhone and sync with WebDav
No, if you enter it on OmniFocus-Mac with current software (1.7.5) it will not get synced to the WebDAV calendar until it is first synced to the OmniFocus-iPhone because only the OmniFocus-iPhone client writes to that calendar at the moment.
Quote:
..Otherwise you won't receive calendar notification on iPhone. I tested that...although it should work without the described steps, as Omnifocus-Mac does update the WebDav server and iPhone calendar does sync with the same WebDav-server.
See above. Only the iPhone app currently updates the calendar, not the desktop version. It is not necessary to have the desktop application to get these notifications. I entered an action with a due date half an hour in the future on my iPod, synced it, and got the calendar warning 5 minutes before the due date, just as configured, even though I didn't have OmniFocus running on my Mac at the time. The thing to watch out for is that the calendar app on the iPhone has enough time to do one of its syncs and pull over the updated calendar before the notification time arrives, or you won't get your notification.