View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkendrick View Post
One example that is very common in my GTD implementation is to assign @waiting to tasks waiting for a reply. However, then when I have Joe on the phone, and pull up his context, I will miss the fact that I am waiting for Joe to reply to my earlier inquiry.

On the other hand, if I assign the task to @joe, it is not possible for me to check in on all of my waiting tasks during my weekly review.
I think that the reason it makes sense to combine "Waiting" with other contexts is because it's actually a separate task state (like Active, Completed, On Hold, and Dropped) rather than a real context. Would it make sense for us to make it a task state like the others for OmniFocus 2?

Disclaimer: I don't use "Waiting" myself; if I'm waiting for a resource before I can continue with a project, I just defer the project (using a future start date) until my waiting conditions are met so I can continue. (If I need to remind Joe about it, I set up a @joe task which repeats every few days until I get what I need from him.) But I know Merlin and others use Waiting a lot, and I certainly do want to support that workflow for people who find it useful.