View Single Post
The unfortunate fact here is that we cannot compensate beta testers without opening ourselves up to a lawsuit. A google search for "ultima online volunteer lawsuit" will turn up links to the relevant precedent.

My understanding is that our lawyers believe any form of compensation, be it a discount or a t-shirt or any other kind of goods or services with monetary value carries the risk of a similar lawsuit. We're very grateful for the help we get from beta testers, but our thanks is all we can give you as a company.

When we have concluded betas in the past, we have offered discounts to anyone interested in the app, regardless of whether they participated in the beta or not. This doesn't carry the legal liability I mentioned above. Since the discounts are available to anyone, they kinda have to expire after some period of time or we'd really just be reducing the price of the application, though.

I don't have any specific help for you, Tim; I'm really sorry that the way this was set up didn't work for your circumstances - that sucks. We do appreciate the bug and crash reports that you sent in. If you should meet this particular Omni employee out in the world some day, he does promise, acting on his own time and with his own funds, to buy you a tasty beverage of whatever variety you would prefer. :-)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-01-15 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: beverage offer