View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Nicholas, sorry for the confusion here - OmniFocus does keep more than one .client file around.

At a minimum, it keeps one client file that's more than an hour old for each machine; we do this so the database doesn't compact before some other device gets a chance to add un-synced changes to the server.

If you sync a device more frequently than that, you could easily have multiple client files on the server, though.

Auto-Sync means that OmniFocus will sync when it notices the following:
  1. Changes need to be synced and you haven't changed anything in the app in the last minute.
  2. It's been more than an hour since the last sync. (This usually happens when the app starts up.)

When you auto-sync, it's important to put the phone's screen to sleep (a short press of the power button at the top) rather than putting the whole phone to sleep. Not sure that's causing the problem you mentioned, but it's one possibility.

If you let us know the specific error message you got, we may be able to help figure out what's causing it.
Hi Brian

First of all thanks for your reply.
As you can see there are two problems here.

One is that the sync time simply isnīt acceptable, it shouldnīt take this long and it makes the product quite useless as a trusted system.

The other is that in 9 out of 10 cases the sync fails if the phone has gone into sleep mode before it is done syncing.
That means that I have to sit and "keep it awake" every time I want to sync.

These two factors means that right now I canīt use OmniFocus as it is intended, there is simply too much waiting involved and there really shouldnīt.

I have attached two pics from my iPhone to show how it looks when it wakes up after it has been trying to sync in sleep mode.

Is there anything to be done with the horrendous sync process?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot-1259748621.089152.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1174   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot-1259748612.915484.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1175