View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Greg, do you find the "always available" location button to be of any use?
Bill, I set up some contexts to be 'always available' when the location services feature was first added to OF. Over time, I've removed the 'always available' switch from all of them. Like you, and Curt, I found them to be more clutter than helpful.

I've actually modified my usage of the location services considerably since I first set them up. In addition to 'always available', I had Google searches for ATM locations, DIY stores, grocery stores, office supplies, post office, and on and on. I found that I really did not need the nearby/direction feature of location services-I need to be reminded of tasks when I am in a general geographic location, so I pretty much have eliminated all of the location contexts that I had.

As a little background, I work from home and live in a rural area, so I seldom need to travel anywhere just for business. I'm 7 miles from 'Small City A', 12 miles from 'County Seat City', and 35 miles from 'Metro City'. As an experiment, I created contexts for the above 3 cities, and set the location to be the GPS coordinates for the downtown of each one, respectively. I now assign errand contexts to the city where I would prefer, or in some cases, am required, to do the errand and it has worked splendidly for me.