View Single Post
I also have lots of people I have to deal with and went with a nested contexts arrangement, where I group them into logical units.

As an example four people might be John, Paul, Ringo and George and these have a common group of the Beatles so I would have a context called Beatles. With the four names as sub contexts.

If I had a something I needed to discuss with George, I could add the action "Discuss xyz" and give it a context George.

However if I had to discuss this with George and Ringo I would add the action, "Discuss xyz with George and Ringo" but give it the context Beatles

If it was for all four of them then it would be "Discuss xyz with all" and context Beatles

In context Mode I can just do Beatles and I will see all the tasks for the Beatles. I will also see all individual tasks assigned to the members of the Beatles as well.

I do, do this in my own system at several levels. So that all of the people that I regularly come into contact with are members of various context groups. I have a generic context of "Others" in my People group for those I don't deal with often and don't want to give a context too. I just make sure I add their name to the action so I can search on their name if I need to find them.

I also have regular meetings with people from different groups. For this I set up a perspective by going in context mode and CMD clicking on all the attendees names in my context lists. This gives me a view of all the actions for those attendees. I save this perspective as the name of the meeting so I can quickly get all the actions on view.

Last edited by Cypher; 2013-04-25 at 01:58 PM..