View Single Post
This is the first Omni Group product on either iDevice or desktop that I haven't bought out of the gate. I'm so glad I didn't. Like jimbo259, I believe OG should state clearly that their offerings on iDevices are companion products to their desktop programs, not standalone apps.

I'm with HappyCatMachine, I find it so bad it's funny that their app store blurb for OP has "Collaborate with your colleagues on every detail", that's up there with promoting "buy ingredients for cake" as a mis-lead to purchase OF as a 'shopping list' app for the iPhone.

There is a strong stench of "bait-and-switch" wafting from Omni, as years-and-years go by but no import, export, collaboration, integration occurs on iDevices despite their protestations that "we want to do that, as soon as...". OO has never got opml, neither has OF, OG lacks .svg, etc. All their apps have poorly implemented copy-and-paste and email out (if at all) and none have Document Interchange, core iOS functions. Yet a cobbled-together attempt at integration with beta-Siri gets added into OF in the blink-of-an-eye, perhaps because that wasn't going to interfere with their perceived attempts to drive traffic to the desktop products?

"The App Store policy and the longstanding Omni Group policy agree: minor updates should be free. Of course, if there is a major overhaul of the application with lots of shiny new features, we may release it as a new product, and that would cost money. But bug fixes, minor features, and miscellaneous polishing come at no cost."

If OG think they'll see another penny of my (and I think many others) money until basic collaboration, integration and core OS functions are added across all their offerings, they're going to be disappointed. I note that the first review of OP in the UK app store has the headline: If you don't own Omni Plan for Mac - DO NOT BUY!!!! Well, I do own OP for the desktop and I still didn't buy.

It's really beginning to look like they're running scared that if they give users the opportunity to easily exchange data with other products we might be tempted to switch. Well then - newsflash! - some of us have already done that manually, and deleted their offerings. The ball is now in Omni's court, if they want to try and win some of us back.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2012-06-08 at 04:28 AM..