View Single Post
I'm wrestling with whether it's better to segregate "On Hold" projects into a separate "On Hold" folder or leave them mixed throughout my other folders.

Some background: I have a large number of projects, far more than I can reasonably work on in any given week. Rather than just splitting them between Active projects and Someday/Maybe projects, I prefer to keep many of them in an in-between status of being "On Hold." This is a step up from Someday/Maybe, because these are projects that I know that I really do want to get done when I have the time. But they are not actually "Active," because I also know that I don't have time to get to them in the next week (i.e., before my next review).

Anyway, the question is whether to leave the "On Hold" projects in their Area of Responsibility folders (e.g., Home, Work, Family, etc.) and just put them On Hold, or whether its better to move them into a dedicated On Hold folder. In particular, does one solution or the other create a smoother workflow with Omnifocus?

Thanks.