View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
It works exactly like OmniOutliner: drag a little to the right, and it indents and becomes a child task. Drag underneath, and it becomes a peer. Drag to the left, and it becomes a parent (which means that it can become its own separate project, if you drag it to become a peer of the project itself).
Ahh, shows I need to play around with OmniOutliner, that sounds like a great way of going about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
Task groups can be either parallel or sequential, but the UI is currently missing on task groups themselves. (Right now you can set that state by temporarily making one a project, or by using AppleScript, but before long you'll be able to do it directly on the task group just as you can on projects themselves.)
Seems to me like this should be something that's placed in the inspector, and not an icon on the parent task (how often would one use the feature?) - the user could infer the type via italics, or normal, on the non-active tasks. I would think that arrows along-side each parent task might be a bit too cluttering/grab more attention than necessary. (or maybe, if they are to be used, in a softer shade)

Last edited by Nevir; 2007-04-30 at 08:00 PM..