View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Omni-Folk, please put NO effort into Entourage integration. Entourage is a pox on my Mac life, and I would like nothing better than to trash it forever. Mail? Great! Thunderbird? Fantastic! Pine (for the command line crowd)? Kinky, but STILL more useful than (yecch) Entourage.
Well I was thinking about two aspects that appear rather important to me: the number of users (there are quite a few Entourage users out there) and the feasibility. Entourage has a pretty extensive AppleScript support which should make things easier.

Of course Mail integration would be great and make a lot of sense to me (and I mentioned earlier that some integration with MailTags would be a great addition to OF). Thunderbird??? Not so much as far as I am concerned. This e-mail client is rather efficient and well designed but extremely poorly integrated into MacOS X. A lot of efforts would probably need to be devoted to get it to work with OF. Thunderbird 3 should bet a better integration, but that's far from being the case right now.

I understand that if you don't like Entourage you see no reason why any effort should be devoted to its integration, but other people like it (and some have no choice but using it because they have their e-mails on an Exchange server - that's a lot of people nowadays; usually professionals that would probably pay to get a licence for a nice apps that helps them organize their work… like… OmniFocus ;-) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Sorry, Cortig...
Nahhh you don't have to be sorry. The forum would be awfully boring if people didn't exchange their opinions. I'm always interested to know what other people think even if they disagree with me :-)