View Single Post
Hi all,

I suspect this may have been asked before, and I've tried searching but haven't come up with anything, so apologies if this the case.

I love the natural language date feature in Omnifocus - along with the smart autocomplete it's one of my favourite things.

Is there a way of setting the due date to be dependent on the start date (or vice-versa) without working it out manually in your head?

For example: I can say "2d" to set the start date to 2 day's time (Saturday). But if I want the due date to be, say, 3 days after that I have to work it out (and hit 5d). Obviously this isn't too hard for simple numbers of days, but if one is using a phrase like "2w sat" it would be nice to be able to refer back to that start date, whatever it is, in the due date.

Similarly, in reverse, if I have a hard deadline for a given date, and I know the task might take me 5 days it would be nice to be able to type in the due date, tab back to the start date and type something like "due -5d" to refer to the due date.

Is there a way of doing this which I'm missing?

Many thanks!