View Single Post
I was adding contexts and projects to my inbox items today and Omnifocus kept crashing. However, upon restart the data was still there. But, at some point I started Omnifocus and all the data I inputted was gone and only the original Omnifocus data, such as learning GTD, was available. The database is restarting, without me going anywhere near Settings-Reset Database.

I am at v1.0.0. I had read about not updating to v1.0.1 over the air, since it appears these users also lost data, so am waiting till I get home to do this.

How, do I restore the application from iTunes, before updating to 1.0.1 so hopefully I will recover all the data I had from last night's synch? I don't care how long it takes, but I do care that this is the second time my data was lost due to the application crashing; which questions the integrity of the database.

As for using mobileme, or the other alternative data synching solutions, I think a lot of users are only interested in using Omnifocus on the iPhone as a standalone application. The beauty of it is, I mostly will always have my iPhone and when something comes to mind, I can place it into my Inbox. I, and I imagine other, want to rely on iTunes to backup the data.

Ken, as for the 1000's of support emails, I sent my original issue in on July 15th. I resent it last night, along with a new email today for the same issue occurring again. I don't mind bugs, but I do mind unnecessarily losing my data, since as I mentioned below it questions the integrity of the database. I have no doubt your Ninjas are really good, but if they cannot get to an support inquiry a week later, then you have a customer service and perception issue.

As a long-time GTD'er, I want to see the iPhone version of your application succeed. But, if I lose confidence in your protecting my data, when only your application is crashing on my iPhone, then we will ultimately need to discuss how to refund my purchase, which is not what I want, but what I will have to do if we cannot resolve losing my data.

Phil