View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I haven't had any problems with audio attachments of 30 minutes or so. It does take a while for the initial sync, but that seems like an unavoidable consequence of writing a large file to the cloud. Doing otherwise means either I don't get a backup right away or I have to lug a Mac with me (a bonjour sync will be much quicker than one to the cloud).
You may well be right, whpalmer4, as I haven't gone back and tested this in recent releases of OF for iPhone. I can't remember if you're using MobileMe for syncing, it may well be a problem with that.

I do seem to recall, however, that this issue appeared limited to sound files, large PDFs for example, didn't have a problem syncing but audio did, even over wifi.

Also, I guess I've just got used to using other Apps that offer more features than OF can, or should, offer within itself, ie. Camera+ or Pro HDR, Dictamus or Audio Memos 2. In the past, I used to stuff OF with attachments (still do on occasion!) but now prefer to have such Apps dump a copy onto iDisk so I have a backup and use iDisk's share feature to add a link into the notes field of OF. I've found that OF opens c.80% of such linked file types within its internal browser and the other 20% get sent over to GoodReader, etc. I find, this way, I keep the size of my OF database down to the minimum for fast cloud syncing.

As always, YMMV. :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-10-28 at 12:05 AM..