View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do you lend other people the filing cabinet that contains your sensitive documents? How about your laptop? Toothbrush? If it is your device, just decline to lend it.

I've read all of David Allen's books, but I saw nothing about the importance of having one's diary secured. Do you happen to remember where that is? :-)
Whpalmer, great to talk to another GTD'r. I find it to be a Godsend for organization. It's totally changed my productivity and clears up the clutter of the mind. The best thing is that the stress with projects has been eliminated. I skate through them with the method. However the issue that I have with Omnifocus is that it has created TWO in-boxes for me: 1) Private/Encrypted, 2) Open Projects that are not proprietary.

I write and work on projects that require contracts and NDA's, there are business partnerships and associations where I have to protect this data to ensure that other eyes do not have access to it. That said I don't loan out my tooth brush (but I will offer the listerine). The problem is that Omnifocus' lack of protection smacks against the philosophy of GTD - where there should be ONE inbox that funnels through and organizes EVERYTHING into one system of process. I can't do this with Omnifocus. How do you suggest I do this? Please offer a solution for ONE system of process while still using OF.

(I wish that the Omni Group people addressed this situation as directly and assertive as some of you who have responded to me. Thanks for your comments.)