View Single Post
I've noticed some wierdness with the cycling of tabs and shift tabs, and command-L in Omniweb.

My settings:
Tab key selects form controls only
Start Page: Empty
My toolbar has a search field.
My location bar is separate from the toolbar.
Omniweb - 5.5 SP 7 / 5.5 SP 9 / 5.5 SP 11 / 5.5 SP 12

It took me a while to come up with these steps to consistently reproduce these steps, before hand I just thought what I was seeing is random. Hopefully it's enough for you to trace down what's going on.

Steps to exhibit. (Strange behaviours marked with *)
1. Start Omniweb to the default workspace and an empty window appears, with the cursor in the location field.
2. Hit shift tab, cursor moves to the search field.
3. Hit tab, cursor moves to the location field.
*4. Hit tab, cursor vanishes?
5. Hit tab, cursor moves to the search field.
*6. Hit shift tab, cursor vanishes again!?
7. Hit shift tab, cursor appears in the location field.
8. Paste in: http://forums.omnigroup.com/newthrea...newthread&f=27
9. Hit return
10. Web page loads, cursor is no where to be seen.
11. Press tab. Location bar is selected.
*12. Press shift tab, Cursor stays in location bar!
13. Press tab, Cursor/selection moves down to the web page to the Title field
14. Press tab again. Now in message
*15. Press tab again. Still in message!
16. Press tab again. Now "Notification Type" is selected. (It correctly skips a bunch of control inbetween)
17. Press tab again. Now the search field is selected.
18. Press tab again and the location field is selected.
*19. Again shift tab here does not go back to the search field.
20. Select the search field (either by clicking it or tab to it.)
*21. Shift tab back to the location field. All the same strangeness happens on the way back as well.
22. Open the tabs drawer and double click on the page to open it in a new window
23. Now hit tab and you move into the web page as expected.
24. Repeat hitting tab 'til "Notification Type" is selected.
*25. Hitting tab once more will bring you back to the "Title" field in the web page.
*26. How ever shift tab only will cycle not only through the web page but also back up to the location bar and even back to search and then to the page again.

There is still one strangeness I have not been able to reproduce. I'll give as much details as I can remember about it.

I saw it when I was originally trying to create these steps. I had it where I had two windows both with the same web page loaded. One of the windows was exhibiting the tabs only going through the page will shift-tab working properly, the other was had the issue with the shift tab/tab not moving directly between the search and location fields. In one of these pages I had an early version of this message typed up. I clicked on the second window to test something one more time, and noticed that when I hit command-L that cursor appeared in the first window even though it was in the background and behind the 2nd window, and that the tab keys seemed to move through that window. I clicked in the message box on the 2nd window and switched back to the first by clicking on white space. At that point I noticed the strangeness in reverse, and eventually the window went to a random bookmark of mine (and I lost the first version of this message oh well)

Thanks,
Daphne Pfister

Edit: Repeated test under SP 12, and got the same results.

Last edited by DaphneDiane; 2006-06-04 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Tested under SP 12