View Single Post
Photo Complete is just a tiny image retouching program. It doesn't even have layers. I have no idea how you could compare this to Photoshop, it doesn't even come close to Adobe Photoshop Elements. You can find that type of image retoucher anywhere.

What the Mac designers are in dire need of is an image editing, image creation tool with layers, layer masks, alpha channel editing, quick masking and CMYK support etc. If the GIMP could be made into a Mac App with a proper Aqua interface and useful keyboard shortcuts it could do the trick. Maybe a complete makeover of the GIMP as a non X11 app would to it? There's not much missing there in functionality, it's just the GUI that is an abortion. GIMP with an Omni GUI concept would completely rock, I believe. But alas it's not Cocoa, so there's little in that direction I guess.

Speaking of pure Cocoa apps: TIFFany3, albeit having a high learning curve an being geared towards batch processing images, was a good step in the right direction, but is dead now.

LiveQuartz Image Editor and Image Tricks are on their way to become quite effective image editing programs, so I think it could be done if you leverage the power that comes with Core Image effects etc.

Omni, who else if not you could actually dethrone the Gorilla that is Adobe, which has gotten so overweight, that it started looking just like a hairy troll incapable of moving into the 21st century?

Last edited by arglborps; 2006-12-26 at 04:02 PM..