View Single Post
After updating to the latest version and loading a large diagram, I spent a few minutes looking for the Zoom control. Nothing in the toolbar, and the + and - keys didn't do it. Neither did the mouse wheel (eventually I found mention of the Command key usage in another post). Nor was there a context menu.

Turns out a bunch of controls are buried under a frame-advance symbol arbitrarily placed in the middle of the tool strip in the toolbar. Why? The entire expanded collection (including the weird arrow) is less than 700 pixels across. Is someone running this on a 640x480 laptop from 1992? And who deemed Zoom an obscure control?

I finally found the toolbar configuration in Preferences, but these controls shouldn't be buried by default. And I applaud putting this in Preferences instead of just relying on the somewhat obscure (Mac-standard) method of right-clicking on the toolbar, but that method should also be supported.

I then spent too much time poring over the inspector in an attempt to change the size of the text inside a shape. There's offset and rotation, and a multitude of other arcane adjustments, but no size. This is particularly troubling when you consider that OmniGraffle still, after all these versions, DOESN'T RESIZE TEXT WITH SHAPES.

What is up with the text not resizing with the shapes, anyway? Seriously, what could possibly trump that flaw when setting enhancement priorities?

Last edited by Stokestack; 2009-04-06 at 07:12 PM..