View Single Post
Indeed, combining OmniFocus with OmniPlan would make for an unbeatable pairing. I use both and love each of them, but I find it both redundant and frustrating to be mapping projects with OmniPlan and trying to ensure that what I have listed there fits with OmniFocus.

OmniFocus and the Getting Things Done process is brilliant for getting you to think through the steps in each project and plan accordingly, but what it doesn't do it allow you to get a high-level picture of all of the tasks that are going on at the same time. That's the beauty of OmniPlan -- it allows you to see what your time looks like across multiple projects and plan ahead. If one was to rely on just OmniFocus, you might find yourself with a month where huge project deadlines collide (trust me, I've been there -- hence my need to use both) because you were too focussed on getting things done in the day-to-day, week-to-week kind of way.

One of the simplest ways to ingrate the programs is to allow task assignment in one program to transpose to the other. A true inter-program sync with iCal would make this unbeatable.

Cameron