View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Incase you haven't been following our blog, we announced two weeks ago that we're planning to bring five apps to the iPad: OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniPlan, OmniGraphSketcher, and OmniOutliner. I'm sure this brings up the question of what happens with OmniOutliner 4 for some of you.

Well, at first we were planning to not changing any plans and starting on the iPad version after OO4 was out, but after our iPad announcement it was clear that there is a big desire for OmniOutliner on the iPad as soon as possible. So in response to that we've modify our plans a bit as detailed in this follow-up blog post.

So, both are still coming and OO4 will be release first, but not with all the features we had planned. The bonus is they're both coming sooner!
Folks, an iPad version is very very good news for OO. In the new mobile age any personal productivity tool that doesn't have a mobile version with built in sync ability is a dead end product. An iPad version of OO keeps it alive.

I don't like OF. The whole tool is counter-intuitive to me, while OO's simplicity equals ease of use. Personal productivity tools are worthless to me unless they follow the Apple philosophy of UI simplicity. What is easy to use gets used.

A question for the Omni wizards, given that all Apple's devices run essentially the same OS now, does an iPad version imply an iPhone version? (I ask hopefully...!)

I use OO extensively at home, but use other iPhone apps for mobile to-do/shopping lists. Frustrating.