View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Is there anything showing up in your activity window (via the Window menu)?
I didn't think to try that. (It's my first action when debugging Mail glitches.)

When I attempt to display http://www.mupromo.com/, this line instantly appears in the Network Activity window:
Unknown Document <www.mupromo.com/winter.php>
... with a blue dot at the right margin and "Status: Sending request"; "Progress:" is blank.

When the page load eventually times out, the Status changes to "timed out", and then the line disappears.

Wait!!! While I was trying this again to get the precise text, the "Unknown" message was stuck in the Activity window ... and suddenly there was a flurry of messages in the Activity window ... and the page appeared!

Reload several times repainted the page quite quickly.

I did a Flush Cache and tried again - timed out; Reload - timed out; Reload - the page appeared; Flush Cache and try again - timed out; Reload - the page appeared.

When the page first appears after previous time outs, it sometimes appears right away and other times seems to be headed for a time out.

I wonder if this is a problem with the mupromo.com Web server and the ever-changing path to this server?