View Single Post
Hi Lars,

You will have also received this via email, in reply to your follow-up email.

I have nearly completed my first month trailing your Spootnik service.

I must say it works wonderfully and is an excellent concept for providing a sync service and a web interface to Omnifocus. Unfortunately, however, I don't believe BaseCamp is the best option to use as an interface.

Personally, I was looking for a web interface that allowed me to not only view, but also make minor changes (rescheduling) to my OF data - and have them synced back to OF. BC fails in this aspect, due to its very simplistic idea and design - all tasks are assumed to be for a day, not a time of day, and as such the due time is put as 00:00 (As I also utilise OFs Due Soon sync, I dont like getting calendar alarms at 23:45 at night)

The net result for me is that, whilst away from my Mac, I am spending as much time in OF for iPhone as I do in BC.

Cost wise, your service is excellent value for money - perfect price points and enough options to satisfy the majority of people. If only the cost of BC was matched as nicely.

I am loath to pay BCs relatively high costs, for what is a readonly view on my tasks.

It is for this reason I ask (and otherwise urge you to think about), are you looking at integrating into any other Project/Task Management systems in the near future?

Regards

Mark