View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
In my experience using InDesign when working in PrePress/commercial printing, along with working with Graffle and Visio, I find that best practice is to export from OmniGraffle as PDF for inclusion within InDesign; I seem to recall Visio 2002 being able to export to Adobe Illustrator or EPS format, however I don't see this option available in Visio 2003.

HTH,
The final product has to be in PDF format so would there be a problem with putting a PDF into InDesign and then exporting again in PDF?

The previous time I did this project, it was PC based.. .I used Pagemaker and Visio and I could import the Visio files directly and then once placed in Pagemaker, if I wanted to edit them, I just clicked on them and up started Visio...which then automatically updated it in Pagemaker.

Is there nothing as elegant with a Mac? Any combo of programs where I can do something similar? I've been working with Mac all of 3 days now so I'm at the bottom of a steep learning curve.. Perhaps I should go back to PC for this project...

Chris