View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
but when there's a conflict between what's comfortable and what's productive, we really want our software to err on the side of productivity.
You should put on shoes one size smaller and try to run around for a day "being productive". By the end of the day you'll understand that only time you can be productive, is when you have a comfortable working environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This seems similar to the "I need to show Cindy a machine in a certain place" example on the first page - if the action can't happen without the person, we'd recommend that it go in the person's context. Check that context every time you see/meet them, and you'll be able to check it off when you're in the right location.
Ok. I'm collaborating with approximately 80 people. For about 30 of them I have collaborations on private and work matters.
Sometimes I need to call them, meet them, e-mail them. Very often things that can go to e-mail can be resolved when I'm talking to the person instead of sending e-mails.
I'm doing e-mails in timeslots: i.e. "next pomodoro I'm going to spend reading/answering e-mails". E-mails are quite often a part of particular project.

My need is: I must be able to pull up list of related questions for the person when I'm face-to face with them and e-mail items for any person, when I'm working in the timeslot.
My second need: If some topic comes up during the conversation, I want to pull up all the relevant items from my list

What I would want ideally: "Send an #e-mail to #Brian, tell him that #OmniFocus tags are good and small shoes are bad." => 30min,Prj:"Find good #gtd software to replace #omnifocus"
When I start search: #B - it lists #Brian (1), #Bob (4) as a hint with counters for number of items under each. Other #B-tags are not listed, because there are no open tasks with them.
When I'm typing: "#e-" results in a #e-mail hint.

If I would be able to create perspectives based on that - even better.

Question: What is faster: "command-option-F #Br<enter>" or "command-2, find necessary context, click" ???