View Single Post
How about just having an Agenda context?

An agenda context for the following:

Agenda:Search Committee
Agenda:Annual Summer Bash Party Committee
Agenda:Employee Evaluation Committee

Then put the tasks into one of these agendas. Go through them and you can decide whether to just call someone, e-mail someone, or delegate it to someone else.

I'd probably eliminate e-mail contexts and phone call contexts and just call it agenda contexts. With so many different variations of contacting someone, it's pointless to just use e-mail, Facebook, phone, etc.

I usually have a pretty good idea of who are the members of each committee. So I don't worry about who I'm supposed to be talking to. In any case, I just CC: everybody in that committee. I already create e-mail groups in Mail.app or use a collaborative program such as Google+ circles or Facebook groups.

I don't worry too much about contact method and just figure out on the fly. I don't need OF to tell me which methods I should use. I know that some people respond better to Facebook than e-mail. Some folks just prefer an SMS message. I don't really like to spend time doing multiple tags when I just want to contact someone.

So maybe the next pomodoro shouldn't be about e-mailing. Rather the pomodoro should be titled "followup on agenda items."

I usually check my contexts once every quarter just to see if there is a context I can add or delete.