View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobox View Post
I'm running OF on a laptop, tower and iphone. They are kept in sync with webDAV. The issue seems to occur when I update the database in 2 different places when I don't have the opportunity to sync between the changes.

Is this a bug? if so, is it specific to me?

Or is this just the way that OF works (IE, it can't really deal with not being constantly synced and update)
To be clear: OmniFocus is designed to let you edit your database on multiple devices even when they're wildly out of sync. Edits to separate items (and new items are always separate) should always be preserved when synchronizing.

So, no, what you're seeing definitely isn't "just the way OmniFocus works"; it sounds like some other issue is coming into play here, where the changes (or "transactions" in database-speak) from one of your devices have somehow been mangled*(possibly by your sync server?). That "unrecognized date string for transaction" error is particularly worrisome, since OmniFocus always writes its transaction dates in the same format (which should always be recognized). If we start by trying to track that down we might get some insight into where the rest of your data has gone.

So, as suggested, the best way to proceed would be to contact our support ninjas, either by email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com or by telephone at 1-800-315-6664 (weekdays 10am to 5pm Pacific time).