View Single Post
I submitted feedback similar to this but I don't think the person who reviewed it understood what I was asking.

We're only "in" one context at a time. Thus, if we're focusing on a certain context (e.g. phone calls), an item in a parallel project should be represented as a next action to move your project along, even if it's fifth item in the list.

I love that the Next filter is more limiting than Available and makes short lists that make me feel good, but it doesn't really have any real meaning for parallel projects or single action lists.

I like pjc's solution for this, but I think that (and the similar option I submitted) might just be another new arbitrary definition for "Next." How about dumping the Available and Next filters since they don't make sense, and have a real Next Actions list that is color coded and sorted by the type of project it represents.

For example sort top down as follows:
Magenta is the top of any non-single-action list; for parallels, we can still distinguish the top item as a nice suggestion of the action order, and everybody wins.
Purple for other parallel actions.
Blue for single actions from single action lists (I know you're thinking about doing this anyway).

Or whatever colors. You Omni people are great at colors.