View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
OmniGuys, it is one thing to not want to use post this in MacNN or Ars, but this is YOUR website and YOUR forums I think you can stay on top of it. :)
I would certainly invite everyone to discuss things with each other on the forums (including bug reports which you've also sent to our support teams), and we do plan to read our own forums and to participate in conversations here (as I'm doing now). But that's not the same as providing technical support on our forums, and we just want to make sure that everyone knows that they should contact us directly whenever they actually need a response from us. (Especially if they'd like that response to be timely.)

We would love to be able to respond to every question posted to the forums, but forum support doesn't scale as well as email support. We don't know which messages need a response, so we'd need to spend time reviewing and classifying each message (whether or not it's directed at us). The forums lack all of the infrastructure (like message tracking, routing and prioritization) that a good support system requires, so we'd end up doing redundant work, perhaps unintentionally missing some messages, and so on.

Our support team works very hard to ensure timely and useful responses to email queries, and the feedback I've received from our customers indicates that they're doing an outstanding job. I just don't think it's possible to provide the same level of support if we ask them to use the wrong tool, so that's why I'm asking our customers to please contact us through email whenever you need to bring something to our attention.

Not that we plan to ignore the forums, of course: as I said above, we do plan to read them and to participate in conversations here—and the things we read here will influence our product development. We just need to be clear that the forums are intended to augment, not replace, our existing communication channels.

Thanks for your understanding!