View Single Post
I risk asking a variant of a question asked a billion times, but I can't seem to get my head around my experimenting w/ OF. That leads me to ask, am I just not getting it cause i've got a bad habit way of thinking about to-dos, or I've just not figured out how to tweak OF enough.

I think tagging of sorts will be coming but some don't believe in it. So that aside for now. I have this conceptual problem:

I get the inbox and I get putting things nicely away into different projects, etc. Now that's done and the questions start. I have tons of things to do and on hold, some things on hold, but one thing I could do in it because an opp. came up, I have things I really need to get done soon, and things I need to do ASAP, and things to do today, which may not be that important, but I'd like to get milk and send an email, etc.

I thought of moving the most important projects away from their hierarchies to an eat frog kind of folder, but then i lost my structure, and if it's a single item from a project and not the entire project, that would really confuse things. If I change a context to "urgent" or "do now" then I lose my "online" or "Mr. Smith" contexts. If I flag, then there's just too many things flagged, and then my daily needs... If I could use multiple contexts then I could solve this, or tagging... There are lots of ways to slice it and I've tried a bunch, but none are elegant and things slip through.

Basically there are different levels of priorities. I could have 5 things that rise to the top from the 20. 3 of those really need to get done very soon, 1 needs to get done immediately, and then there are those daily things that aren't urgent, but I want to do them today.

Just point me to the threads and such if this has been answered. I've read a few, but just thick headed and can't get clear for every scenario i have that comes up.

Best

R