View Single Post
I too have run into the timezone issue while travelling. I wouldn't want all my actions with start and due dates to migrate automatically though. Most of my due dates refer to actual deadlines, so I wouldn't want those to change just because I happen to be in a different timezone.

I do have one bigger issue with timezones in OmniFocus, however. The start/due date input fields don't allow me to specify a timezone, forcing me to look up and manually introduce the offset.

Here's an example: I live in Lisbon, which is in the WET timezone. If I want to add a start/due date for some event in NYC, I have to worry about calculating the offset between EST and WET. Even worse, the clock changes for daylight saving times happen at different dates. If I want my start/due date to be precise, I might also need to look up the exact days when clocks change in each location and adjust my offset accordingly.

It would be fantastic if OmniFocus could allow me to specify the timezone and take care of all this offsetting for me.

It would be even better if it were possible to differentiate between universal and roaming start/due dates.