View Single Post
I did read the pov of Omni in regard to Ofocus and calendaring. I realize that omni focus is more of an action taking process.

The only problem I am encountering is with syncing with iCal. Sure most of the items in Ofocus is an action and belongs in the todo list but some steps require a specific amount of time.

The whole purpose is to map out this time so we don't overextend and we can plan our day.

So wouldn't it make sense to have a trigger that will allow us to create a calendar item on certain items.

For example: Say a photographer has a shooting project. part of that project has an action step of importing and categorizing the photos. This say would take 1 hour. This belongs in the calendar and not in a To Do List.

At the moment I am draggin items from the ToDo List to the Calendar. Unfortunately the time interval is not exported to iCal, if it get put in the note field it would help.

Then we can click see the time interval and simply drag to the calendar section. The item can remain in the todo list so when completed it will maintain syncing.

Just a thought.