View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8henrie View Post
Got it. In the info.plist in OmniFocus (edit: iPhone) app, there's a key named something like "debugSiri" set to "/false". Replace "/false" with "/true" and the iCloud capture option becomes available and works like a charm. I think there are ways to do this without jailbreaking, but I just went ahead. Disclaimer: jailbreaking could brick your device, lose all your data, cause global warming, etc. etc.

Just tested, and I can now add tasks through my iPad (on my shared OmniFocus list in the Reminders app), and they are synced through iCloud and appear on OmniFocus iPhone on next launch. Brilliant!

I imagine that adding my roommate or girlfriend to this shared Reminders list will let them add tasks to my OmniFocus, which really takes it up another notch (the implementation of sharing is one of my only bits of grief with OmniFocus).

Anyway, I hope this info.plist tidbit is helpful. I did have to reset the key in question after today's update, but it took ~5 seconds. And I hope posting this doesn't anger the OmniPowers that be. I'm pretty excited to have found a new way to use OF on my trusty iPhone 4, and I honestly don't see why this shouldn't be made a user-configurable option in the first place. Omni has already done the work to code it into the existing app, why not let it be enjoyed by all? Siri or not, it's nice to have the two apps working together.
I did find the info.plist and changed the debugsiricapture from false to true but it doesnt make visible iCloud capture on omnifocus settings.. I have iPhone 4 with Siri and jail broken.. Please if you can give more details how to do this..

Thanks