Thread: cloning a task
View Single Post
Erik,

I didn't mean to suggest that cloning wasn't useful in some cases. I was just trying to suggest a technique that works in many cases. I do use nested projects as I suggested quite often and don't find them clumsy at all.

But I've also often run across cases where several largely unrelated projects rely on a single action. A workaround that I've used is to create an action in one project and a "Waiting For" in the other projects. But this is clumsy and error-prone.

So, I second your request for cloning. I don't personally think it's a make-or-break feature for 1.0, but I would love to see it included.

(As an aside, there's an interesting dynamic set-up by being part of the alpha testing. I tend to be in less of a hurry for the 1.0 release! After all, I already have the goods. But those of us on "inside" should also think of the people who will benefit from the software being released. One of the critical challenges when releasing software is deciding when enough features are present and of high enough quality.)