View Single Post
A great suggestion. I've thought of this as well, and it's on the enhancement list. I've gone back on forth on whether this is needed. Here are some thoughts. None of these are directed at any of the posters. There are observances from my own behavior.

One is how I think & feel about tasks. Tasks don't have to be evil work things to do and then I relax later. In the Getting Things Done model, Allen talks about capturing everything. There is no work and non-work categories. It's all wonderful things to do. When KranK comes up, it's not an interruption, it's an inquiry. It gives me a chance to see all the incredible widgets I have on my dashboard, take a breath, and dive back into the computer.

You could create tasks for fun things not just work things. Have a project for goofing off, or relaxing or surfing the web. KranK helps me be aware that time is happening while I do these fun things. I know for myself, it's easy to start on something fun, and then 2 hours later... I'm off on a tangent. KranK hopes to help me with that.

I have some reservations about putting a master control switch on the widget. Because I know, I'll switch it off, and forget to switch it back on, and then 2 hours later...

If a master control switch was added, there wouldn't be that much difference in the amount of clicks spent removing the widget. Loading the widget takes 3 to 4 clicks depending on how many widgets you have installed. I like it being a bit more difficult for the widget to be turned off and on. It puts resistance on the human nature part of getting things done.

All that said... the master control switch may find it's way into the build. It may be a while. First there's getting the widget more stable for more users and the sneaky peek. :-)

Thank you for the suggestion.