View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
OmniPlan 2.0 is in active development right now. We've picked out some major features we plan to add, and some bugs and performance issues to address. But we don't have a finalized list yet, so your feedback is helpful.
I used OmniPlan for some Projects now, but mainly for doing estimates.

Since you asked: here is my wish-list for 2.x (please add my vote for anythin already in your feature lists):
  • Refining granularity: after a estimate for the quote, split tasks up to track project progress. (That would probably be the task splitting feature)
  • Bidirectional syncing to/from OmniFocus: OmniPlan Task -> OmniFocus, split up into actionably items in OmniFocus -> work on the items -> Merge progress backto OmniPlan for reporting to the customer and re-planning.
  • I'm unsing OmniPlan as a contractor working for several cusomers. For each customer project I use OmniPlan to communicate with the customer (estimate, report progress, negotiate milestones). When planning I need OmniPlan to schedule all different projects globally sharing the resources between them.
  • Improvements in leveling optimization: I'd like to specify the milestones and dependencies and have everything shuffled around to meet all milestones without resorting to manual intervention. Auto-splitting of tasks should be done automatically to fill in gaps shorter than the task. I know this is in principle a NP complete task, having a fast leveling and a slow (overnight) optimization using a simulated-annealing or genetic algorithm or similar would be great.

While optimzing it should plan forward an backward depending on the constraints -> this would get the backward planning abilities for "free"
  • Integrate some timetracking/clocking into OmniFocus/Omniplan -> then write OmniBill ;-)