Thread: Siri capture
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Folks will want to make sure that the OmniFocus list appears in the "Mac.com" section of Reminders - a list in the "On My iPhone" section will not work for these purposes.

I'd also suggest using Settings.app on your phone to make the OmniFocus list the default reminders list. (In "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", tap on your iCloud account, then scroll down to the Reminders section at the bottom of the next screen.)

This allows you to use Siri's "Remind me to <x>" phrasing. Once you tell it what you want to be reminded about, Siri will ask you for info on when you'd like the reminder to fire.

Hope this helps!
So Brian (or others) is it safe to assume we can't have our cake and eat it too? :)

Here's what I mean: I have OF and Siri connected using the "OmniFocus" list and it works great for adding items to my inbox (without Due Dates). However, I would like to keep the "Reminders" list separate (mainly due to the home/work leave/arrive functionality). I'm assuming I can't have:

1. The Reminders list be able to fire reminders by saying, "Remind me to...", while
2. Being able to choose whether I add a due date to something on my OmniFocus list or not ("Remember to..." vs. "Remind me...").

I've tried several iterations of "Remind me to view reports tomorrow at 8am to my OmniFocus list." where I want to use the OF list (since it's not context specific) and I want to use a due date. It seems right now I can only add non-due date items to the inbox using this method, right?

If I have thoroughly confused you, please let me know. :)

THanks!