View Single Post
That is a lot! A few questions ...

* What does DUE DATE mean to you? Do you find a due date useful, anxiety laden, or just something you mostly ignore anyway?

* What generally makes a task so important to you that you will do it in spite of anything else on your list? Do such tasks show up on any of your lists in a way that it shows up immediately, or do you have to dig it out and "remember" that it is so important?

* What is the real difference to you between cramming things in on the weekend and getting things done on the weekend? At what point is the balance tipped? Is it based on number of tasks to do or on context-driven things to do, such as work versus house upkeep versus personal hobbies versus …?

* At what point do you just give up and drop tasks or projects in the trash because you realize they are not going to get done anyway? Do you reach that point a lot, or do you just keep things hanging around "as reminders"?

* What does it mean to you this word "NEEDS" to be done? When you look at a list of tasks, what says … that one NEEDS to be done? Why is that different from a task that does not NEED to be done? What internal dialog and/or notice in OmniFocus causes you to make that distinction?

One of my gut feelings is, you are missing the review portion of the GTD approach. I gained a lot to tame anxiety and clutter when I took on more routine and serious review sessions. My other gut feeling is, you have yet to decide whether or how to bring in priority and/or importance to your tasks. I typically do this from a top-down perspective. I often have to spend a lot more time stepping back to look at the big picture to keep from getting lost in the little details.

Other than that, I could say that some times just getting away from it for a while helps your mind ferment the solution to the right degree. So, put away OmniFocus (and any other ToDo tool) for a week and see what you end up missing the most about it. Then, start from scratch to create just that part. Do that for a week. Then see what you want to add back next, if anything.