View Single Post
Not sure the source of the confusion when I say "main preferences pane for the application." It's the pane that pops up when you go to the menu bar, click on the application name ("OmniFocus") and then select "Preferences."

And others on this thread here are correct -- when I say "bucket" list I mean "single-action" list. I've been using OF since beta, I guess I never lost the old terminology.

jdh -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
I use a lot of single-action lists as well, but really other than the icon (which is a very nice visual distinction), I've been at somewhat of a loss to understand the real difference between a single-action "bucket" list and a project set to parallel actions.

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me as to what the advanced distinctions are....
As I understand it, the difference between a single-action list and a parallel list comes up when you're filtering OF to only show next actions. With a parallel list, only the first available item of the list will show up. With a single-action list, ALL the available actions of the list come up.

I use sequential projects rarely, and parallels projects virtually never. My next actions tend to be fairly large items: "Do newsletter," for instance, rather than the step-by-step "select stories for newsletter," "write editor's note," etc. I've done it many times before, I don't need the step-by-step.